Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Trip to Nicaragua!!!

I had an awesome time of bringing God’s love and power to the people of Nicaragua. I saw some miraculous healings, people touched by the Holy Spirit, and I got to experience the Holy Spirit even deeper in my own life. We equipped some of the local believers to also move in the same power and love that we do by holding conferences during the day at local churches. We taught on hearing God’s voice, having the joy of the Lord, our identity as sons and daughters of God, and practical tips for praying for healing. It was great to see them catching the vision for touching their nation. My favorite part was spending time with the children. We got to spend some time at a really poor village where most of the kids are orphaned. A church goes there every Sunday to do a service for the kids and feed them. We went along with them and I got to speak to the children about their identity in Christ. At the end I had them close their eyes and picture Jesus. Then they asked Jesus what He thought of them. I asked them to share what they heard. Many of the kids had great answers. I also asked them to share what their dreams were. I told them that God wants their dreams too come true and to dream big. Afterwards, we prayed for the kids. One boy was deaf and mute and after praying for him, he started to hear and speak. A baby had a hernia in his belly button. We prayed for about 15 minutes and the hernia went back inside leaving the flap of skin!!

In the evenings, we partnered with the local churches to put on street crusades. We saw several miracles and salvations. We’d always have a time of ministry at the end where people could come forward for prayer. On the first night, a guy with a broken hand that had metal screws came forward. He could not close his right hand all the way, and he said he could not extend his hand to get his change from the bus. We prayed and he could close his hand almost all the way. Then on the last night of the crusade, Emily asked anyone to stand who needed healing. The same guy stood and the pain left in his hands. He came up and testified, but said he still had limited range of motion. We prayed for him again and he got full range of motion! Another lady came up with stomach pain. We prayed two times commanding the pain to leave. Most of the pain left but not all of it. A guy on our team asked the Holy Spirit what to do again. He heard that there was something that had happened in her past as a child that had hurt her and she needed to forgive someone. She didn’t want to say what it was. The interpreter led her through forgiveness, and the pain left!! The most amazing miracle that I saw at the crusade was with a lady that had had a stroke. When she came up for prayer, you could tell she was in a lot of pain and she was also deaf and mute. We prayed and her back pain left and her hearing came back. Her brother came over, and we had her say something. She could talk, and her brother was so surprised. Her whole face was full of joy as tears streamed down her face. Seeing her raise her hands in thanksgiving to God brought tears to my eyes!! We also had people come forward if they wanted to receive Christ. On one of the nights, a young man with raggedy clothes came out of nowhere right up to the front. One of the worship leaders led the ragged young man to Jesus, both in tears. There were lots of other healings that happened. We were all praying for different people so I only have the stories of what I saw happen. All of us left that night with such a high. There’s nothing like seeing the hand of God touch people like that.

Another highlight for me was getting to empower the kids that I came across. I really wanted them to see who they are in Christ at a young age. As much as possible when I was praying for someone, I’d gather the kids around me to help me pray. When I’d pray for the kids, I’d tell them that they can also lay their hands on people and see them get healed. When all of the adults were doing a “listening to God” exercise, I encouraged a young girl that she could also participate. I told her the word from God that I felt like I was getting for her and then she told me what she saw for me. It was an awesome experience seeing her grasp the idea that God was speaking to her.
Thanks so much for all of your prayers and support. I’m so grateful that I got to have this experience in Nicaragua and I couldn’t have done it without all of your support!!!

1 comment:

Traditions From The Heart said...

OH SUN!
I love hearing all about your trips and reading about all the incredible experiences! Thank you so much for sharing! Looking forward to more updates!
Love ya!
Monica